As with most refractors, a brighter, higher contrast image is delivered at the eyepiece compared to a reflecting telescope of the same aperture, because there is no secondary mirror central obstruction. When it comes to astro imaging, the Starwave 80ED optical design has all the performance you need in a dual imaging and visual telescope, offering better colour correction than an achromatic telescope with the same focal length.
Tube rings have the standard M6 hole pattern to fit most hardware mounting systems on the market including the Altair Starwave and TMS ranges. A Vixen-style dovetail bar is included. You will need a mount, eyepieces and a star-diagonal to use this high quality telescope.
A finder scope or RDF (Red Dot Finder) is a very good addition, making finding objects quick and easy. If you want a more accurate optical finder, we recommend the Altair 60mm RACI or Starwave 50mm Straight-through finder scopes, which can both be used for an auto-guiding with the Altair GPCAM for long exposure imaging.
The aluminium tube achieves thermal equilibrium very quickly, and the metal construction conducts heat easily to the front optics (essential for imaging).
Included in the Package:
- 80mm F7 ED Doublet with S-FPL53 ED Glass lens (555mm focal length).
- Dual Speed 1:10 ratio 2.5" Rack 'n Pinion (Geared) Focuser with brass rack gear and tension adjustment (ideal for imaging).
- Improved retractable dew shield with a tighter fitting than the V1 (tension adjustable with 3 nylon tipped grub screws).
- 2" to 1.25" eyepiece adapter with brass compression rings.
- 2x Tube rings with standard M6 30mm hole pattern (enabling the telescope to be balanced more easily for imaging, or dual-mounted as a guide scope).
- Standard "Vixen-format" dovetail bar.
- Push-fit lens cap and rear 1.25" dust plug.
- 80mm FPL53 ED Doublet Lens assembly, 555mm focal length, housed in a fully collimatable, CNC machined cell.
- Highest practical magnification 150x, light grasp approx. 131x human eye.
- 43cm length, dewshield retracted.
- approx. weight 2.6kg (without optional finder).
Our standard delivery charge for most of the UK is £2.95. All orders are shipped promptly, lower value items are sent Royal Mail 1st class and higher value or larger goods are shipped via reputable courier. All goods are shipped fully insured with FEDEX, UPS, DPD and Royal Mail, we do not use budget courier services, please note we can only ship to UK mainland addresses. We are not able to ship to forwarding agents or PO boxes.
Our Order Lookup system (see very top of each page for the icon and link) updates the order status in real time for you - simply by entering your order number and postcode..
We hold stock, dozens of telescopes and literally thousands of accessories that we ship out each business day, normally orders received before lunch are shipped that business day. We also direct ship from our UK suppliers, this means we have access to thousands of products that can ship fast to our customers.
Deliveries to UK mainland addresses are all shipped with fully insured premium services for £2.95, *some exceptions apply including many AB, FK, HS, IV, KA, KW, PA, PH, ZE postcodes. We will quote delivery charges to these areas where applicable prior to shipping (this does not normally affect lower value items shipped by Royal Mail).
You must inform us within one working day if the goods are lost or damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. Please ensure all address details are accurate, we cannot be responsible for failed deliveries or losses arising from incorrect delivery addresses.
You agree that proof of delivery supplied by our delivery company is sufficient evidence to establish that goods have been received.
If your product is sent by Courier they will attempt delivery twice and a signature will be required. If they are unable to deliver because you are not available and after 5 days you have not contacted them to re-arrange. the goods will be returned to us and the return delivery costs may be charged to you